What are you key conversion rates (a conversion happens when a visitor moves one step closer to becoming a customer)? How do you increase conversion rates? Answers to both questions are vital to your business, but a good number of marketers don’t know their conversion numbers and aren’t taking the right steps to increase results.
…you need to test at each key point in your funnel for optimal results, from headlines in PPC ads to calls to action on landing pages to open rates in followup drip marketing. Then you’ll win a higher percentage of qualified leads.”
First, let me tell you a couple of things that CRO — Conversion Rate Optimization — is not about. It’s not about traffic volume. You could have a low volume of visitors in a very small niche, for example, but be converting a good number of those visitors into prospects that become customers. C.R.O is not primarily about content marketing… because content is not king. Content is important in first engagement, but now you want to focus on another marketing “C” word — Connection, and that cannot happen until after you make Conversions. Too many marketers are so concerned with creating great content, that they fail to focus on what happens after visitors engage with content — improving their rate of conversions leading to authentic connections that in turn grow sales. A lot of marketers focus on a “marketing funnel” — and CRO will help you streamline the funnel.
If you’re new to CRO — I’ve made a whiteboard video below that explains what it’s all about. In a nutshell, you need to test at each key point in your funnel for optimal results, from headlines in PPC ads to calls to action on landing pages to open rates in followup drip marketing. Then you’ll win a higher percentage of qualified leads. It’s as easy as that – and as hard as that. Huh? Well, the easy part is that there a good number of tools to help you analyze conversion rate success. The harder part is to always be testing your marketing pieces for the best performers. It takes some time to make this a habit. But what other tactics actually win you more customers?
We’ll be writing more about successful C.R.O. tactics in the near future — for now, here is a five step CRO exercise for you:
- Set measurable goals for conversions you can review in Google Analytics.
- Look at your top landing pages, and determine how they are performing to convert visitors to leads.
- Determine what communication factors will better gather more qualified leads you can close (time to check in with your sales team, and review CRM reports).
- Based on your initial analysis, determine what elements you want to test on top landing pages to convert more visitors to better qualified leads — ie. headline, graphic, call to action.
- Start your first A/B test — for PPC ads, landing pages, and email subject lines. All three ideally. Get results, analyze, repeat.
Conversion Rate Optimization, Whiteboard Video with Scott Frangos:
Note that in the video, I mention Five Second Tests in the video, as a way to test before you build your new pages and site. Contact Webdirexion today, for a free C.R.O consultation with me to go over this and other C.R.O. tactics increase your conversion rates online.