Content Marketing = Publishing, and Publishing takes time, not to mention social media work. That’s why the Webdirexion team is always looking for efficient tactics for the marketing Battle, and today I’ll tell you about five B2B content curation tactics using two interesting services.
Note that we are also using a custom domain name tactic for our new Scoop.it curation site — we bought B2BContentMarketingTactics.com and routed it there.
First, what is curation as a Content Marketing tactic? Content curation is a general tactic whereby you search for the best content online in your niche, industry, and area of focus, then cull it together and usually provide value added by including your own summaries to position yourself as a thought leader (similar to what museum curators do). A recent article in Forbes gives more thoughts on how content curation has gone mainstream. There are a number of specific tactics and techniques, including (more…)
What is the most effective way to gather leads for a smaller Law Firm? Let’s talk about firms of one to eight attorneys and consider now that the Yellow Pages are mostly dead, what are some strong strategies and tactics to gather qualified leads for rainmaking in your practice.
Law Firm Marketing Factors: Above (1) we see that PPC ads for personal injury law firms can cost around $60 — per click. (2) Checking search volume for Seattle “personal injury attorney seattle” had 3,600 searches last month according to Google — a good term to target. (3) A search return for the same phrase shows both paid ads in play as well as organic “earned” listings. (4) research (from Lexis Nexis) shows 75% of consumers seeking an attorney will use online resources. [click to enlarge]
“…law firms need a mix of tactics to gather leads, and you need to put in place tracking metrics to gauge ROI.”
Five tactics to gather leads for Law Firms
- Directories – Nolo vs. Lawyers.com (Lexis Nexis) vs. AVVO vs FindLaw: What I learned by checking different lawyer forums is that while each directory listing company has their advocates and detractors (this article denounces Nolo and “Expert Hub”), I still believe that an ad for approx. $200 in the right directory for your firm is a smart part of your marketing mix.
- Pay Per Click Ads on Google: Click costs can add up at rates ranging between $8 – $111 per click (see infographic showing a study of recent rates for legal terms). Let’s say you pay $60 a click (more…)
I lead a 3-hour “Bootcamp” at the Portland Digital Marketing Conference this week with a hands on look at WordPress, Google+ and HootSuite — a synergy of marketing systems for professional communicators. So, I thought I would give you a few take-aways, and also provide you access to my slides which have notes, infographics, movies and resource links in them.
Some Digital Marketing Take-aways
- Use the Force — the WordPress Force: Did you know that WordPress has built-in capabilities to create a link directory, or group together special content for workshops, summits, or any type of focus you can think of, buit in? Most developers, designers and marketers miss some of the recent WordPress power that comes out of the box when concepting a new site or a redesign. Most have not understood how WordPress “taxonomies” work. Many also miss newer plugins and ways to configure them to address Content Marketing objectives. One example is our Webdirexion “Social Interaction Wall” which I cover more at the conference and also in my online course — WordPress Content Marketing Power.
- Google+ is becoming a community, video meeting, sharing, engaging, and presenting universe: Marketers seem to be understanding that it is the key to SEO and can really serve to create recognized experts when you use the “author tagging” with rel=author in your code. But it is also a place where you can market videos and events, connect in hangouts, surf hashtags, join communities, and place yourself in the right circles of influence. G+ IS Google. Here’s a circle of speakers from PDX Digital Marketing Conference for you (click “add people” to add them to your G+ network).
- Hootsuite* is your Marketing Automation Center: Did you know that Hootsuite not only drives the major social marketing networks allowing you to post to the big four (and more) all from one screen, but you can also sync and efficiently manage a suite of MailChimp, WordPress sites, SalesForce, and YouTube for an all-in-one marketing automation center? Add in more capabilities like polling from 52 apps currently available, and you have a powerful central control center great for coordinating teams and saving time.
My Digital Marketing Bootcamp Slides
The presentation is divided into three sections — one for Google+, HooteSuite and WordPress — with reference links to case studies, videos, cheat sheets, infographics and more…
* Webdirexion is a HootSuite Pro Solution Partner
When it comes to marketing a law firm online these days, there are a number of considerations from branding and messaging on through the look and feel of your site, then all the inbound and content marketing tactics you can put in play. Webdirexion has been taking a closer look at law firm marketing so today we’ll take a look at a firm that comes up on the first page of search for one key phrase, but still has some real opportunities left to explore.
So, I typed in “Law Firm Seattle” in Google Search because, well, when you need a lawyer what’s the first thing you think of when you want to compare firms? The industry (Law Firms), and your city. Turns out I was right on that gut instinct — Google reports there were 6600 searches just last month for that three word phrase.
Demco Law Firm makes the first page amidst the other things Google places there these days. TIP: note carefully it is NOT first on the maps listing (not on the list at all) which relies on reviews (click screen shot to see actual search results), and also that you can pay for a PPC position to be on the front page — a move that can be more affordable and faster than a prolonged SEO campaign.
The first such firm that popped up after all the other stuff including maps, map listings, and ads (these elements are important parts of the first page game now too), is Demco Law Firm… in Seattle, of course. So far, so good — they made the first page, “organically” — without directly paying for PPC ads, though I wager they spent some money on their SEO onsite and off.
Opportunities for strengthening presence: Now there are some serious things for the Demco people to consider about their brand. They have no real logo, They are emphasizing short sale and property consultation, with other services from the eight attorney firm taking a back seat — that’s ok if that’s their marketing strategy, but there are smarter ways to (more…)
For anyone launching a B2B social media campaign, Google Hangouts offers a winning combination of live broadcast, client communication, social network communication and content creation. If you have not experienced a Hangout on Air yet, it is sort of like a webinar, but with a select number of speakers visible and public access. Questions can be accepted via social media hashtags and answered live on air. The end result of a Hangout on Air is a recording which can be edited and embedded on your site or elsewhere. So, have you tried Hanging out with your colleagues yet?
Above, the Webdirexion stream team meets for a session on client projects, and online marketing in a Google Hangout.
As a content and outsourced marketing agency Webdirexion has, from its very inception, been (more…)