Join us on 08.29.13 (last Thursday in August) at 10:00 AM PST/1 PM EST — register now for free. Don’t forget to send your comments and questions to #WebDXSocial via Twitter and Google+ both before and during the session.
After a slow start, Google Plus has come racing to the front of the pack, now surpassing Twitter in its number of active users. Whether they are already actively using Google Plus or not, internet marketers, particularly those in the B2B arena can not afford to ignore its potential. To do so, would be to risk being left in their competitors’ dust as they make use of the network’s robust tool set for marketers.
No matter how much sense it makes to chart new territory however, it is always better to have a guide or two that can show you where the treasure is buried. In this, our third Live Social Strategies session, Webdirexion are proud to introduce three respected social media marketers Michael Procopio, Debbie Horovitch and Ryan Bush. Each will be generously sharing their own tips and experiences of using Google Plus for B2B Marketing. (more…)
Our second broadcast on “Social Media Marketing Power” was on Thursday july 25th at 10am PST. Register now for future broadcast updates.
Okay, is there anybody out there who has not heard of the power of social media marketing? Anybody at all? No, I thought not. If you are in any way, shape or form involved in internet marketing then you already know that you should be creating, executing and tracking your social media campaigns. The trouble is, unless you have already have social media networking experience, where do you start? Once underway, how do you calculate ROI on your efforts and if you have limited time and resources what are the most efficient and effective ways to tackle a social media campaign?
As with many other topics, you can find a lot of practical information on social media networking available on the internet. Often though, no matter how many tutorial type posts you read, you may have a question related to the application of your social media plan or how to track performance. Wouldn’t it be great to (more…)
Last week we got together with three expert panelists on a Google Hangout and “Broadcast” our first of three Social Strategies sessions (you can sample it below). The one hour flew by and I learned a lot about Hangouts “On Air” and also from our experts on, “Is Content Marketing plus Social Media Marketing the New PR?”
Our panelists were Carri Bugbee of Big Deal PR, Lori Weaver of Lexington Business Media, and Pilar Portela of BusinessWire — thanks to each. Thanks also go to our Webdirexion “stream team” of Julie Hume, Wendy Miller, and Danette Sheppard-Vaughn, who monitored the live questions from viewers. There are two more Social Strategies broadcasts coming up the last week of July and August — live viewers win prizes for best questions as judged by the stream team — register now.
Take-aways about the new PR
There are a lot of good tips and strategies on the video, but here are my top three:
- Just posting a press release is not enough — there are less journalists, and they are busy, so they might not see it. You need to reach out via Social Media, and also via “old-school” direct contact tactics.
- You need to (more…)
I lead a 3-hour “Bootcamp” at the Portland Digital Marketing Conference this week with a hands on look at WordPress, Google+ and HootSuite — a synergy of marketing systems for professional communicators. So, I thought I would give you a few take-aways, and also provide you access to my slides which have notes, infographics, movies and resource links in them.
Some Digital Marketing Take-aways
- Use the Force — the WordPress Force: Did you know that WordPress has built-in capabilities to create a link directory, or group together special content for workshops, summits, or any type of focus you can think of, buit in? Most developers, designers and marketers miss some of the recent WordPress power that comes out of the box when concepting a new site or a redesign. Most have not understood how WordPress “taxonomies” work. Many also miss newer plugins and ways to configure them to address Content Marketing objectives. One example is our Webdirexion “Social Interaction Wall” which I cover more at the conference and also in my online course — WordPress Content Marketing Power.
- Google+ is becoming a community, video meeting, sharing, engaging, and presenting universe: Marketers seem to be understanding that it is the key to SEO and can really serve to create recognized experts when you use the “author tagging” with rel=author in your code. But it is also a place where you can market videos and events, connect in hangouts, surf hashtags, join communities, and place yourself in the right circles of influence. G+ IS Google. Here’s a circle of speakers from PDX Digital Marketing Conference for you (click “add people” to add them to your G+ network).
- Hootsuite* is your Marketing Automation Center: Did you know that Hootsuite not only drives the major social marketing networks allowing you to post to the big four (and more) all from one screen, but you can also sync and efficiently manage a suite of MailChimp, WordPress sites, SalesForce, and YouTube for an all-in-one marketing automation center? Add in more capabilities like polling from 52 apps currently available, and you have a powerful central control center great for coordinating teams and saving time.
My Digital Marketing Bootcamp Slides
The presentation is divided into three sections — one for Google+, HooteSuite and WordPress — with reference links to case studies, videos, cheat sheets, infographics and more…
* Webdirexion is a HootSuite Pro Solution Partner
For anyone launching a B2B social media campaign, Google Hangouts offers a winning combination of live broadcast, client communication, social network communication and content creation. If you have not experienced a Hangout on Air yet, it is sort of like a webinar, but with a select number of speakers visible and public access. Questions can be accepted via social media hashtags and answered live on air. The end result of a Hangout on Air is a recording which can be edited and embedded on your site or elsewhere. So, have you tried Hanging out with your colleagues yet?
Above, the Webdirexion stream team meets for a session on client projects, and online marketing in a Google Hangout.
As a content and outsourced marketing agency Webdirexion has, from its very inception, been (more…)