MaxRef Widgets — The Content Marketing Plugin for Maximum Internal Linking Options
Coming Soon: Version 2.5 brings Popular Posts and Featured Image thumbnails options!
MaxRef Widgets enables you to display multiple sidebar widgets to maximize how your visitors reference your pages, your posts, links, categories, RSS feeds, and comments. This internal linking boosts SEO, and helps in a number of ways for smart Content Marketing. We maintain and upgrade it here, and take your suggestions and comments below.
Rotating Posts: We’ve added a new control setting to rotate from each category, the number of posts you set in the widget. Remember you can have multiple widgets, and this new feature allows you to keep your content links fresh and provide maximum access to content from all your categories.
At left, the new feature which rotates posts from each category (you specify the number shown) is illustrated. Each time a visitor comes to your site (or the screen is refreshed… or they go to the next page, etc.), a set of posts from a different category will be shown — a great way to provide maximum reference (MaxRef) to your content.
We’ve also added a date format dropdown for posts, plus RSS feeds, with icons, for all categories. Watch for the ability to rotate posts displayed from each category coming soon. We’re working hard to make MaxRef Widgets your best way to reference important content on your WordPress CMS sites.
New RSS for categories… eachfeed delivers only posts from that category.
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Go to your widgets area, and add a MaxRef Widget (as many as you want)
- Click on Edit to configure your new widget to display Posts by Category, Pages, Links by Category, or Comments, and then select sorting method and other options.
Select how to reference your content in each MaxRef Widget you place in your sidebar. Above, the widget will display 5 most recent posts from the selected category with dates — new Date Format pop-down feature shown (added Feb. 2009)
- New location tab let’s you specify in what categories a widget appears
- Upgrade and test for WP 2.9
- Fix exclude pages and no of pages
- Fix exclude comments
- Bug fix to display RSS feeds
Version 1.9.5 (June 19, 20
- Bug fix to display Links
Version 1.9.1 (Mar. 1, 2009)
- Bug fixes
- Removed border around RSS icons
Version 1.9 (Feb. 18, 2009)
- Added rotation of post links by category
- Two Versions available: Free (link supported) Version – above | Donation supported Version (no link)
Version 1.8.1 (Feb. 12, 2009)
- Added RSS feeds, with icons, for all categories
Version 1.8 (Feb. 11, 2009)
- Added date format dropdown for posts
Version 1.7 (Aug. 25, 2008)
- Bug fix release (fixed dual link bug)
Version 1.6 (June 14, 2008)
- Linkable widget titles
Version 1.4 (May 22, 2008)
- Added Category (parent/child) link group capability
Version 1.3 (May 12, 2008)
- Add ability to turn top level (parent) page off or on when displaying page link groups
Version 1.2 (May 6, 2008)
- Add display of Page links by groups of Parent and Child pages
- Fix Link Category Display
Version 1.1 (May 1, 2008)
- Ability to Sort by Name or Date, Ascending or Descending
- Ability to add RSS feed per Category
Comments & Support
Please leave your comments, suggestions, and questions below. We look forward to continued development of this plugin, and appreciate your input.